Friday, October 15, 2010

H to the O T! Mushroom Ravioli with a Brown Butter Sage Sauce

I don't know what the weather is all about where you live....but here....can you say Coastal Eddie?   So. Cal is having weather...yipppeee...and this type of weather is the perfect time (and excuse) to eat foods like this!   Bikini said what?
So...I had this amazing Ravioli at a restaurant in Santa Barbara many years ago....I can't remember the name of the place...but the food never left my memory!  Soooo~I was looking for a recipe to re-create the food~gasm that I had once experienced.  FOUND IT!  The food freak.com .....made my dreams come true!  I, having three children and not enough time,  purchased mushroom ravioli in the deli case at the grocery store.  Call it cheating or whatever you want....I call it Genius!  I did make the sauce, and Ohh Em Gee.....off the hook!!  My kids loved it too!


Oh yah baby!


If you have mushroom issues~there is always cheese and spinach


Along with this meal are the must have side kicks! A rustic artisan bread... crispy/crunchy and uneven on the outside....and full of holes on the inside



Not one, not two.....but Three~I loooove this bread

Seriously?





And of course a salad....I love baby romaine and my Nana's salad dressing.....which I will share....it's kinda top secret....



Baby Romaine....soooo cute!

Nana's Dressing

Good Olive Oil
White Wine Vinegar
Lots of fresh cracked black pepper
Fresh garlic
Beaumond 
Splash of cold water

So.....I make this basically with my eyes closed so I am sorry not to give you exact measurements. But...I press about 2-3 cloves of garlic (u can chop finely if you'd prefer).  Then I add the olive oil then about 5 to 6 shakes of vinegar.  I add the pepper.....just keep crankin' it till you have a good amount.  Then 6-8 shakes of the Beaumond.  Then add a splash of water and whisk away with a fork.  I like to make it early and stick in the fridge so it's cold when you pour it on top of your baby romaine.  And of course.......fresh parmesan...not the stuff in the green paper container......come now~


.
You are welcome for tonights dining experience.....I promise you won't regret it!!  Go to foodfreak.com and type in Mushroom ravioli with brown butter sage......and then call me over for dinner!!!


xo~

No comments: